Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Hero of mine- Natalie


About 3 1/2 weeks ago my friend Natalie was in a car accident. She spent the first 2 weeks in a coma and she had many severe injuries. She broke her jaw on both sides, broke her pelvis on the left side and had a few other internal injuries with her head and lungs. She has steadily made progress in these last several days to the point where she is now talking and starting to walk a little bit (with a walker or bars). It has been through the prayers of many that this miraculous healing has occurred and I am so happy for her. I went to visit her again today at the rehabilitation hospital and I am amazed at how much she has improved in the week since I last saw her. I was so humbled at the fact that when I asked her what she needed or wanted me to bring for her the next time I visited she replied that she wanted some beads to make bracelets for her friends. That is Natalie- she always thinks of others and I love that about her. Love you Nat!!

2 comments:

  1. How sad!!! I'll definitely be thinking about her and praying for her.

    Guess who I randomly ran into on Saturday... Doug Andersen! He is living across the valley with his wife and I went to a housewarming party for a friend who is apparently a mutual friend. It was so fun to see him and to meet his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds wonderful! We wish her a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete